Rehearsal and Performance Policies for Crew
Rehearsals are governed by the following rules:
- Crew may not be called earlier than 6:00 p.m. for any evening rehearsal or performance. If crew is called at 6:00 p.m., s/he will be free from production-related activities between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Rehearsals may not extend beyond four (4) hours Sunday through Thursday, or beyond five (5) hours on Friday or Saturday except for Tech & Dress Rehearsals.
- Rehearsals may not extend past 10:30 p.m. on Sunday through Thursday, or past 11:00 p.m. on Friday or Saturday except for Tech & Dress Rehearsals.
- Crew may be called for either a Saturday or a Sunday rehearsal, but not for both, except for Tech & Dress Rehearsals.
- There must be a minimum of 12 hours between any two rehearsals.
- No Technical or Dress Rehearsal may extend more than five (5) hours past the announced curtain time.
- Technical and Dress Rehearsals are those designated as such in the official Production Schedule.
- Breaks during rehearsals will be as follows: five (5) minutes after each fifty-five (55) minutes and/or ten (10) minutes after each eighty (80) minutes. These break requirements are also applicable during Technical rehearsals except for the last three (3) days before the first performance. When running the show during rehearsals, these breaks must be "banked" when the running times exceeds eighty (80) minutes. The definition of "running" includes only minimal stopping.
- The Stage Manager will have the authority to act for the Director (Instructor) in enforcing the rules of the production.
- Crew members are required to purchase a designated copy of the script.
- Crew members on production running crews must provide and wear their own all black, long-sleeved uniforms to the first technical rehearsal and to all subsequent rehearsals and performances.
Performances are governed by the following rules:
- Crew may be called not more than one and one-half (1½) hours prior to the announced curtain time.
- Crew will have one day off in each eight (8) day period.
- Crew is required to attend a photo call which shall last not more than one (1) hour. The photo call shall be scheduled in advance, generally at the end of a performance. The University shall retain all rights to such photos and publicity and archival purposes.
- The University shall have the right to videotape a production at its discretion, and shall retain all rights to such tapes for publicity and archival purposes.